A facelift is called also rhytidectomy and is a plastic surgery that restores a younger look of the face. The procedure is devoted to people older than 40 years old, both men and women. It belongs to one of the most popular plastic surgeries, and its main advantage is that the effects of a facelift are permanent. A facelift is very often combined with other procedures, e.g. eyelid surgery or neck lift, which provides patients with even more spectacular results!
Definition of facelift
A facelift is a cosmetic surgery performed on the face and neck. It allows for removing wrinkles, sagging skin and other imperfections or defects of the face, which result from the process of aging. During the surgery, loose face skin is pulled, muscles are tightened and excess skin is removed. Depending on the patient’s needs, the surgery can be combined with eyelid surgery, neck lift, or double chin reduction. Also, only facelift surgery can remove fillers or botox that have been applied earlier.
Benefits of a facelift:
- achieving a youthful look
- the effects are permanent
- wrinkles are removed
- muscles on a face are tightened
- the contour of a face is restored
- providing natural effects
Who is a good candidate for a facelift
- a person needs to be healthy, without any serious medical problems
- best candidates are those who do not smoke
- having realistic expectations is very important
- the facial skin has to be elastic
- a person has to be aware of the procedure, possible risks and the recovery time
- a person should not take any supplements or medications which can increase the risk of the side effects.
The price for facelift
2 500 GBP
2 830 GBP
2 400 GBP
2 770 GBP
2 500 GBP
2 900 GBP
The full facelift surgery is performed under general anesthetic. The surgeon makes incisions alongside the ears starting from the temples and ending at the lower scalp. Such incisions allow for lifting and tightening deep face layers, removing loose and sagging skin. The surgeon also restores the proper face contour. After the necessary work is done, the surgeon closes the incisions with the stitches that are removed 10 days after the surgery. Over time, the scars become almost invisible, as they are well-hidden by a hairline. The swelling as well as bruising after the facelift will disappear gradually, and the first effects can be observed even one week after the surgery.
Before facelift procedure
for 2 weeks prior the surgery do not take aspirin and other medications that may thin blood
do not smoke or drink alcohol for 2 weeks before the facelift procedure
do not eat anything for 6 hours before medical tests and 8 hours before the surgery
do not drink anything on the day of the surgery
Necessary medical tests:
- blood morphology
- blood group
- sedimentation rate
- electrolytes level
- serum glucose
- HBs, HCV
- urine analysis
- EKG (if you are over 55)
Length of the procedure: Facelift surgery takes from 2 to 5 hours depending on the complexity of the surgery.
Anaesthesia: Facelift is performed always under general anaesthesia.
Stay in the clinic: Patients spend 1 night in the clinic and can leave the clinic the next day.
Stay abroad: Patients are advised to stay abroad for at least 6 days.
Returning to work: Usually, patients can go back to work about 2 weeks after facelift surgery abroad.
Results: The results of facelift are permanent.
- patients ought to rest for 2 weeks
- any tiring physical activity should be avoided for 4-6 weeks
- patients need to keep a balanced diet and drink many liquids
- any activity that can cause face or head injury, e.g. swimming, is forbidden for the time when face feels numb
- stitches are removed 10 days after the surgery.
Possible risks and complications after facelift
- damage to facial nerves
- feeling of tightness while opening mouth
If you want to have cheap facelift performed by a highly-qualified specialist in a modern clinic, just contact Medical Tourism Foundation. We will not only offer you a cheap facelift abroad and the best surgeon in abroad, but also organise your stay and flights. You will have our assistance from the very beginning. Thanks to Medical Tourism Foundation, you will get your facelift surgery and at the same time save much money. Your personal adviser will make sure that your journey, stay and surgery will be as comfortable, easy, cheap and safe as possible.